HYB: Winesap X Wearing Rubies maiden
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: HYB: Winesap X Wearing Rubies maiden
  • From: <MryL1@msn.com>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 02:59:10 -0400

I hesitated to post this one for fear you guys wouldn't believe
the color accurate.  This is how it looks 2nd day.  Falls are black
first day open.

Last year I swore an oath I'd never put pollen on Winesap again,
since nearly everything I got was almost identical to it in form and
branching.  This one is either a year late with it's maiden or has
improved beyond recognition.  Can't believe I would have missed that
beard last year, though, no matter what else was going on.

It has a triple terminal and 2 actual, good branches. I was so amazed,
I didn't believe the marker.  Went clear to the start and counted rows
to be sure.

BTW - the favorite spring maiden has a redder variegata sib with a
spent primary and blooming on increase.  Not as wide, but not bad.
More reason to suspect the pod parent could have rebloomed, given
half a chance.

Chuck - That's exactly what I thought.  Quite a gamble, though.

Mary Lou, near Indianapolis

JPEG image