HYB: Winesap X Wearing Rubies maiden
  • Subject: HYB: Winesap X Wearing Rubies maiden
  • From: <MryL1@msn.com>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 19:20:00 -0400

Besides the fan blooming, there are 16 fans.  The primary and
first increase are rhizome relics, so it probably at least tried to
bloom last year sometime.  My best guess is primary disappeared
over the winter of 2010/11 and largest increase did the same last
fall/winter after the 3 week record summer heat and drought.  A good
illustration of why I keep these things around so long.  Durn weather!
Of course that's just conjecture...  But I've composted some rebloomers
out of Winesap, so it would make sense.
Gobs of pollen, like every redish thing here.  Only 4 days in, but looks
like a pod by 06-1ARE: Immortality X Wearing Rubies, a short, early RE
yellow posted 9/14/08 that has lots of buds and branches.  Now that
you guys have me thinking this one reblooms, I'll be putting something
fancy on the last 2 blooms. Thanks for that!
The beard color is hard, dark orange-ish.  Not exactly tangerine.  A far
cry from Winesap's beard color and width, though.
IDIS show this Saturday at Holliday Park in Indianapolis.  Going to be
pretty much a beardless show.
Nice seedlings, Robert!  Particularly like that space-ager.
Mary Lou, near Indianapolis, Z5