Re: HYB: 'Introspection' X 'Easy Smile'
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: HYB: 'Introspection' X 'Easy Smile'
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 12:27:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Rose,
Actually... that beautiful diamond dusting is only the mist that was drizzling down all that day. It did make it look extra pretty though.
And you're right about 'Easy Smile' and the form. Thankfully these modern Tall Beardeds really put the "stamp" on their offspring formwise. It's a set-back compared to the most current modern TB form, but compared to the old historic TB form it's still a big jump forward. The strongest influence I'm seeing formwise coming from the diploid pollen parents is probably the tendency to have fairly open standards.

Thanks also for the tip on 'Miss Meredith'. I'm not familiar with that one but will have to go look it up.
Thanks, Tom