Re: Digest Number 89

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

>This is a photo of Toasted Watermelon for Donald Eaves.  He is trying to
>verify that the TB he received as this variety really is.  This is a photo
>taken during the 1998 convention at Lowell Baumunk's.
>Linda Doffek

>Linda,
>Wow! what a gorgeous color. I can't believe that's  really the true color?
>I must have that Iris!!!Thanks for sharing the photo.
>Sally

Donald and Linda, Mine was more the colour of, between toasted Canteloupe,
and, say, peanut butter. Probably faded because of the heat. Certainly no
burgundy or brown. I occassionally mixed it up with a faded LADY FRIEND.

Dennis K,
Your DARKSIDE is definitely NOT! Darkside in shown in Graeme Grosvenor's
book, next to Dusky Challenger, and is much the same colour, beards and all.
I rather hope my DARKSIDE turns out like yours though.
Thanks for all the wonderful photo's lately Dennis, and others. A real
treat, when bloom season is so far off.
Cheers, Jan

Tired of empty chat rooms and out of date bulletin boards?
http://www.ONElist.com
ONElist: Making the Internet Intimate