Re: Iris fulva

From: David Silverberg <sil1812@molalla.net>

Dennis: I'm curious at to why all, or almost all, of your pictures are loaded
with water droplets. Do you have an inordinate amount of rain or do you use a
spray bottle intentionally??

Dave Silverberg
Molalla, Oregon

Dennis Kramb wrote:

> This is the typical "red" Iris fulva (sorry it's a bit blurry).  The bloom
> is 3" across and the stalk 17" tall.  It should grow twice that tall, but I
> don't give it the extra water and acid soil that it prefers.  Still, it
> seems quite happy.  It has 4 blooms per stalk like the yellow variety I
> posted recently.
>
> Iris fulva also occurs in shades of blue, purple, white, brown, tan, and
> pink.  Stalk heights and flower forms vary as well...some with narrow
> petals, some with wide ones.
>
> So if you get the urge to start growing them, you'll probably end up with a
> whole bed full of different colored ones, like I'm trying to do!  They
> occur naturally as far north as Ohio and can be grown even farther north
> with some winter mulching.

>                        Name: IrisFulva.JPG
>    IrisFulva.JPG       Type: JPEG Image (image/jpeg)
>                    Encoding: base64

> Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com
> Cincinnati, Ohio USA; USDA Zone 6; AIS Region 6
> Member of AIS, ASI, HIPS, SIGNA, SLI, & Miami Valley Iris Society
> Primary Interests: ABs, REBs, LAs, Native Ohio SPEC and SPEC-X hybrids
> (Check out my web page at http://www.badbear.com/dkramb/home.html)

With more than 17 million e-mails exchanged daily...
http://www.onelist.com
...ONElist is THE place where the world talks!