Re: MED: fall bloomer

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: MED: fall bloomer
  • From: "Mike G" <redear@infinet.com>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 23:28:57 -0000

 Dennis wrote
> That is GREAT!  You are definitely treating your irises well if
they
> bloom for you so quickly.  I have 2.5 year old seedlings that still
> haven't bloomed yet and yours are blooming at 0.5 years!
>
> Christy is right, it's a great looking flower too.
>
> A, very, very jealous...
> --
> Dennis Kramb; dkramb@b...
> Cincinnati, Ohio USA; USDA Zone 6
> http://www.badbear.com/dkramb/

Dennis I have some 2 1/2 year old ones that haven't bloomed yet.
When my seedling get 1" to 2" tall I transplant them in 6"  pots,
seem to give them a head start. Then in August put them in the
ground. Not hard to do when you have just a few.I have 3 more
seedlings with stalks from the same cross. One in bloom but bloom
didn't open right to take photo similar to first one.

Mike Greenfield
redear@infinet.com
Zone 5b on a hill side where I have been missing the heavy frosts
this year.