[PHOTO] AB: OYEZ | Fri, 1 Nov 2002 07:49:54" />

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] AB: OYEZ
  • From: laurief laurief@paulbunyan.net
  • Date: Fri, 1 Nov 02 07:48:00 -0600

Astoundingly, this arilbred, which I have been told is often extremely
difficult to grow, not only survived its first winter in my frigid garden
AND the killer winter-spring transition that proved fatal to over 150
different TB cultivars, but it actually *bloomed*!!!  The most amazing
element of this accomplishment, however, is the fact that I didn't
receive this rz until Oct last year, so it didn't get planted until
*after* we'd already had our first hard freeze!  I can generally bet on
losing any bearded planted here after the end of August due to inadequate
root growth before freezing weather, and I try to make sure everything's
in the ground before the end of July just to be safe.  There's simply NO
WAY this gorgeous arilbred should have made it through last winter!  Not
that I'm complaining.  :-)

OYEZ (Clarence G. White, 1938) AB (OGB), medium height, M. White with red
patterning and veining

USDA zone 3b, AHS zone 4 - northern MN
clay soil

Sell a Home for Top $