Re: Mariposa Autumn (I. unguicularis)

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Mariposa Autumn (I. unguicularis)
  • From: Gerry Snyder gerrysnyder@attbi.com
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 18:16:49 -0800

Margie V. wrote:

> Does I. unguicularis bloom in the spring too,
> or is this its natural blooming season?
It is naturally a late fall to winter bloomer.

Perhaps in colder climates it would be just a spring bloomer, but since
it is of Mediterranean origin, it might not do well in such places at

BTW, Margie, I am curious as to what mail program you use. For some
reason when I hit the reply button to your emails, your original message
does not get quoted. Just wondering.
American Iris Society Affiliates Chair, Symposium Chair, and Director
in warm, winterless Los Angeles--USDA zone 9b-ish, Sunset 18-19