Re: COMP: broken, now fixed, archives

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: COMP: broken, now fixed, archives
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@volfirst.net
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 12:33:45 -0500

<What needs to be done to correct the situation?  Does Yahoo need to be
notified?  If so - - how? Margie V.>

As soon as I noticed messages weren't being archived last week, I sent
an email to both John Jones, list manager, and Chris, Mallorn owner.
That's all that we can do - then wait till they have time to do
something about it.  Nothing that was posted was saved at the Mallorn
archives until it started getting messages from Yahoo again..  In the
past, this has been a Yahoo problem - occasionally, it just drops
subscribers, & as I understand it, Mallorn is a subscriber just like the
rest of us.

<I am not a real expert on this but I can access all the pictures also
thru the regular yahoo.com/group/iris-photos.  Colleen's post was #
10875 and now the most recent one is #10968.  Hurry Betty, you are
missing a bunch!  Rita Gormley>

Last time I looked, in order to view photos at Yahoo, they have to be
downloaded first, which is a pain, especially with a lot of files to
look at.  At Mallorn, they can be viewed without downloading.  Anybody
want to compare the index in Mallorn & Yahoo and re-post all the photos
so they can be archived at Mallorn?

Me neither....

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Tennessee Whooping Crane Walkathon: