Re: Rasberry Cheescake

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Rasberry Cheescake
  • From: Margie Valenzuela IrisLady@comcast.net
  • Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 20:35:50 -0700

Hi Bonnie!
It's so great that you are posting photos!  Yes, it was a large photo, but a nice one!   :-)  Are you using a program to resize your photo?  Or your camera?   I'm still new at this myself...... so I don't have all the answers.
I do know Paint Shop Pro will give you /show you the actual size of the photo.  This program has resizing options available as well as compressing options (so the file won't end up too large.  That way the photo is quicker to download.)
If you can get the KB size down to around 60 or a little less AFTER compression  - then you're set.  I've found if you COMPRESS - - you can keep the nice 3 x 5 size. Keeping the KB size down to under 60 -  doesn't mean your photos have to get itty bitty.
Sometimes just becoming more familiar with your camera features or software features will do the trick.  I don't know if any of this helps you at all ........... but I wish you good luck.
Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.
Zone 8/9