Re: ADMIN: Poll

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: ADMIN: Poll
  • From: "Mike G" redear@infinet.com
  • Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 03:18:08 -0000

If it means keeping Yahoo, try anything I hate it. Clicking on a link
would take no longer on Mallorn  than the way it is now.  Plus you
could look at the message with the photo first and decide to look at
it or not.
I think I will like the new way better, I might change from nomail on
iris-photos. I then would not have to go to Mallorn to see the
pictures. Plus I would not have to worry about attachments with a

Mike Greenfield

--- In iris-photos@y..., John I Jones <jijones@u...> wrote:
> As you know I am thinking about moving iris-photos to hort.net (as
I have done with iris-talk)
> We are concerned with the bandwidth load on the Mallorn servers,
and have come up with an
> alternative approach for the posted messages.
> Instead of sending the attachment picture with each post, the
message would contain a clickable
> link (URL) to the picture in the archives. It would make
downloading the messages to each
> individual subscriber much faster, and you look only at those
pictures you are interested in.