Re: TB:HYB:More

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos]TB:HYB:More
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 19:20:27 EST

In a message dated 11/3/2003 3:55:52 PM Central Standard Time, fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net writes:

I’m not crazy about yellow with mauve, but if it’s a good rebloomer,

The color is more rust than mauve . . . a reddish brown.  This line tends to produce flowers with a lot of pollen.

Have a white one bloom for the first time today and I wanted it to have pollen so bad, but no such luck.  It's sharp, but when I looked at the anther I recognized the influence of IMMORTALITY.  It's white with great form.  I'd send a picture but I picked at the bloom so much that I broke one of the falls just at the beard tip and it quit growing!  Maybe the next bloom will be better!  LOL!  STAR GATE (FEEDBACK x VIOLET MIRACLE) X (BRIDGE IN TIME x FEEDBACK x TITAN'S GLORY) It's growing in a pot right now.  It sat out here for weeks without water so I don't know how stunted it might be.  I'll have to line it out and grow it for awhile to see about the height and branching . . . but I'm thrilled with the bloom.  Good substance too.

Guess I'm a little nutz?  But it's so much fun!

Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here