Re: Re: OT: daylilies, Black Eyed Susans, was Imput needed

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: OT: daylilies, Black Eyed Susans, was Imput needed
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 17:04:42 EST

In a message dated 11/6/2003 3:39:03 PM Central Standard Time, chris.darlington@sympatico.ca writes:

Well, aint that funny !  I feel the same way, that's why I made
myself a ton of Daylily crosses this year. Irises set the yard abaze
with glorious color in Spring but I want to do the same with
Daylilies for Summer and Fall.

Well, yes it is funny. Let me tell you some more funny. I saved bundles buyin' daylilies costing fortunes before I figured out I was not going to be the guy who developed a line that loved alkaline soil. Then I saved millions not buyin' daylilies hybridizers called blue by purchasing a few blue irises for what seemed like nothing. Then I saw Moores' Shore Patrol and Keppel's Sea Power and said "Well, why not?" and start doin'. Then I start seenin' folks yawn when I just say blue.

There is a vicious circle here that remains unbroken. At least one Southerner really is slow and more than a little dumb....... well, could be he is just hard headed. But, when my wife reads this she is gonna say, "Yea, that too, Bill. That too."

Bill Burleson

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here