  • Subject: [iris-photos] TB: GIBSON GIRL
  • From: Mickey Corley mcorley@compuserve.com
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 02:37:23 -0500

She's a gorgeous little lady - such clean clothing.  And her dependability
is worth mentioning.

There are others out here that appreciate pictures of the the older iris

Bethany, OK - Center of Oklahoma, USA
Zone 6/7

Fall/Winter has arrived here also.  Cloudy and drippy (no real rain) but at
least not below freezing yet!!!!

Message text written by INTERNET:iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
>This is Gibson Girl (J. Gibson '46) This is for Margie who asked if I
had any more older stuff. This is one of the older irises in my garden.
She's a little blowsy to compete with the younger ladies, though I
suspect she wowed them in her day and besides, she is so faithful to
rebloom for me, and faithfulness is a wonderful virtue certainly
appreciated by this ole boy... ;-)

Bill Wells (whose formerly faithful chain saw proved fickle today,
leaving the woodpile still shrinking. Sigh!)