Re: hyb: TESSIE

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: hyb: TESSIE
  • From: laurief laurief@paulbunyan.net
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 03 22:49:46 -0600

>To answer a couple of questions:  Yes, TESSIE is an intermediate, blooming early and 20"
>tall.  Not a rebloomer.  Not introduced yet, but stock is increasing well.  --  Griff

Griff, TESSIE is an eye-popper!  I expect you'll need LOTS of stock of her to meet demand.  LUMALITE is one of very few SDBs that wasn't able to acclimate to my harsh growing conditions (most SDBs do beautifully here in the frigid north), but I'll happily take a chance that TESSIE will prove tough enough to hack it here.  She's far too extraordinary not to try to grow.

Let us know when she's ready for intro, please!

Laurie

laurief@paulbunyan.net
http://www.geocities.com/lfandjg/
USDA zone 3b, AHS zone 4 - northern MN