Re: TB: Squires Seedling 97-35-15D

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] TB: Squires Seedling 97-35-15D
  • From: "Darlene Dahlin" drdahlin@bentonrea.com
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 18:40:48 -0800

Randy, That is absolutely EXQUISITE----- I just love the beautiful lace. I definitely think it should be introduced. I don't know a lot about iris but I sure like this one.

Darlene in Wa. State---- near Yakima
-----Original Message-----
From: Randy Squires <randysiris@juno.com>
To: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com <iris-photos@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thursday, November 13, 2003 5:44 PM

>Randy - - if you are around - - do you want to tell us about it?

Margie,
Thank you for taking a picture of my seedling in Arizona.
This was the first time I've ever sent any seedlings out.
This is a cross of (Happy Bride x Bubble Up) X Stolen Dreams
Barry Blyth saw it here in it's maiden bloom, we were both
looking at it together, that was good fun for me.
John Reeds grows it and says it got to 42" tall with multiple buds
and good branching.
Yes it is very lacy, I used it in crosses but never got any lace in
the offspring, so it just hangs around here now for old times sake.
This is a close up photo of mine.
Thanks again,
Randy z10 southern California

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor