Re: Changing backgrounds (Tom and Mickey)

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Changing backgrounds (Tom and Mickey)
  • From: Thomas Abney papatoms2@yahoo.com
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 20:24:55 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Sandra. I sure want to try that when I get time. How do you do the rest on those nice pictures of yours? I like the green iris you all are doing. Thats neat. Got to try that some time also.
Town of Ozark MO  Zone 6a

Sandra Barss <bardraj@hotmail.com> wrote:
Have you tried the lasso tool (smart edge option) in PSP 8 yet Tom.  It
works a lot better than
the one in PSP 7.  That is the tool I use to cut out the irises...once cut
out then you can
place the iris on any background you want.

>From: Thomas Abney <papatoms2@yahoo.com>
>To: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: Re: [iris-photos] DAZZLING GOLD
>Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 07:07:34 -0800 (PST)
>Hi Mickey,
>Sending the original here before it was cleaned up so you can compare. I
>used Paint Shop Pro V8.1. It has a clone tool that you hold down, I think
>the shift key and click on the area you want to copy and then release the
>shift key and click where you want it to go. You have to recopy if you move
>very far on the picture because it picks up unwanted things. Using the air
>brush or paint brush you can increase or decrease the size of your brush to
>go around objects. There are others on line here that are far better at
>this than I am. May they will give there comments also.
>Town of Ozark MO  Zone 6a
>Mickey Corley <mcorley@compuserve.com> wrote:
>Message text written by INTERNET:iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
> >I cleaned up the background on this picture today.   Tom   Ozark MO Zone
>How'd you do that?  It looks like the iris photo was taken with that
>I've done some background cleaning but only to repair old photos and
>slides.  When it comes to the edges of objects I have a problem with it
>being blurred.  I've never tried to replace the entire background - I'm not
>sure IPhoto Plus (which I use) will do that.  I have several other photo
>editing programs but have not installed them, nor used them.  What program
>are you using?
>Mickey Corley
>Bethany, OK - Center of Oklahoma, USA
>Zone 6/7