Re: OT: washtubs (was: Dime Spot update)

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] OT: washtubs (was: Dime Spot update)
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 21:01:17 EST

In a message dated 11/22/2003 7:21:38 PM Central Standard Time, wells@train.missouri.org writes:

All that to say that I think that was a #3 washtub. Is my memory right?
Is a #3 big enough to bathe in? So a #2 is smaller?

Truth is I do not know. I will look when the sun rises tomorrow. Once upon a time all washtubs I saw had the size embossed into the bottom. I do not recall if mine do or not.

I took baths on my grandmother's back porch in one as a child. Once they tried to put me in the tub with a cousin but just once. He succumbed to my kickin' and jumped from the tub and off the wooden porch. I had the tub alone.

They tried to put him back in the tub with me. I bared my teeth at him. Then they almost succumbed to his kickin'.

So went life for six year olds in Itawamba county. Parents have always been difficult to raise here.

Tubs here: They are called the big one and the little one here. I do not have the middle size one. But, I think the big one is a # 2.

Bill Burleson

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
Click to learn more...