Re: OT: washtubs (was: Dime Spot update)

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] OT: washtubs (was: Dime Spot update)
  • From: Jean Richter richter@eecs.berkeley.edu
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 09:32:19 -0800

A couple of possibilities for your unknown are President Pilkington
(Cayeux 1931) or Quaker Lady (Farr 1909). If I recall correctly
QL is a diploid and fairly dainty in appearance; PP is more like
a standard TB size.

My housemate Gesine grows an iris she rescued from her mama's garden
that looks similar to yours. We got QL and PP for comparison, and
it's very similar to, but not quite, PP. Since her mama did a bit
of amateur hybridizing it's possible it's a child of PP.
I'll have to dig up a picture and post it...