[PHOTO] Re: Re: OT: washtubs (was: Dime Spot update) | Thu, 27 Nov 2003 22:10:21" />

[PHOTO] Re: Re: OT: washtubs (was: Dime Spot update)

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] Re: OT: washtubs (was: Dime Spot update)
  • From: Thomas Abney papatoms2@yahoo.com
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 20:09:40 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Donald,
That is real good information. I wonder what others have found on this. The conjecture is interesting. Could even make it different for high or low humidity days.
Here are a few more Power Point slides for who might enjoy or need them. They are sized to the Power Point size.
Tom Abney
Town of Ozark MO Zone 6a

donald <donald@eastland.net> wrote:

These are great photos.  I wish they'd been available when I first
started daubing.  Something for thought here that may apply to those
working in areas with low humidity.  On the last photo it says "More
pollen makes more seeds".  I've been told that pollen acts like a
desiccant on the stigmatic lip and therefore can inhibit the ability
to set seeds because it dries things up.  This came from an
aril/arilbred breeder from a dry area.  It seemed to work for me as
I got more pods after I was less generous in applying pollen.
Humidity tends to be very low here (combined with lots of wind), so
it probably wouldn't have much impact when the humidity is higher.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Do you Yahoo!?
Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now