Photographing purple

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Photographing purple
  • From: slengst@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 02:09:46 EST

There was some discussion, last spring concerning photographing purple.  All sorts of suggestions were offered up, but none worked for my Olympus D-560 digicam.  Taking the subject to an Olympus camera users forum, someone posted this link to a very good article by kodak, aimed at film cameras but the concept is appropriate to digital cameras as well. The solution seems to be a UV filter.  What I found interesting, going back and checking my photos and bloom dates is that the photos of deep purple SDBs taken in late April showed a true purple, while those shots of TBs in June did not.  But, I'm 48+ degrees north and 2400 ft. elevation and I get just lots of UV in June, but probably a little shy in April.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here
Web Bug from http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5584357.6650215.3001176/D=groups/S=:HM/A=2426683/rand=770738598

Yahoo! Groups Links