Re: Still more Oldies but goodies

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Still more Oldies but goodies
  • From: "David Ferguson" <manzano57@msn.com>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 20:24:37 -0700
  • Seal-send-time: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 20:24:37 -0700

Not sure if the following is what started the discussion of order of labels on photos, but I suspect so (I deleted some of that line without reading them).  I find that when I look at the post as I received it, the names were indeed listed in reverse order to the appearance of the photos themselves.  In fact that is the norm with emails received with multiple attachments here (with MSN).  When I investigated the actual labels attached to each photo, the photo labeled as 'Los Angeles' was the coppery one, and the photo labeled as 'Taj Majal' was the white with purple lines.  The one labeled as 'Taj Majal' looked correct to me; one of the diploid I. pallida x I. variegata types, and as you say quite unlike 'Los Angeles' (though more like it in color than the other one!).
Ironic that this is sort of the same problem as the "wrong side" labeling suggested as possible in the plantings.