Re: Reblooming today - flounces

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Reblooming today - flounces
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 13:59:31 -0500

Mike, did you see the photo I posted of miniature flounces <inside> the
style arms (in the center of the bloom) on RETURNING CHAMELEON?  Combine
that with your WINNING STREAK seedling and you really would be on your
way to a fully double iris bloom.

Actually, not double - whatever it's called with many multiple petals,
like a rose, or I guess more like a bomb type peony, with the outer
'row' being the falls, and the inner rows flounces, standards, style
arms, & more flounces...

Not sure I would like it, but certainly would be interesting....

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8