Re: RE:REB end of season

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] RE:REB end of season
  • From: John Nettles <jjnettles@comporium.net>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 19:30:32 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Jim Rohrer
Sent: Thursday, November 25, 2004 10:38 AM

John  if I remember correctly  you are in SC ,  contact me    I want to know more about  your location  and garden.       Regards Jim
John I live in Rock Hill.S.C. and belong to both the Daylily and the Lilum photo Groups and associations. I live on an acre lot with two thirss in yard and about half the yard spacde in flowers. For a long time I planted the front yardand have a couple of nice beds, but it is the back yard that SHOULD BE a real beauty this year. I put out a 100 Liliums of all kind, both in a Lilium bed anfd in containaer and new Iris BOrders in various place in the yard..Each did well this year , along with old Lilies so I am really looking forward to some pretty things next year. I put out about `175 MORE new Iris this year to go with a TON of Iris I inherited from my Mother and my Aunt. I guess I've got about 400 in all.I may have lost a bunch of the old ones last summer to the drought. Practically NO rain ln the  spring or summer until August. We were dorn 10-12" beforet he rain finally came back in late August and early September. We have had a LOT of rains since then.
I would LOVE for you to come visit me this spring. I am right off 77 South of Charlotte or you can cut over at Blacksberg and come up 5. If you DO decide to come, send me a note and call me to make sure I will be here and I can give good directions tof you.. I usually somekind of Dr. Appt every week, but I woulfd LOVE to have you come visit.....................
That Funny & Friendly Old Coot, named John

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here
Web Bug from http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=groups/S=:HM/A=2434970/rand=163360243

Yahoo! Groups Links