Reds/Photo TB:seedling

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Reds/Photo TB:seedling
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" <IrisLady@comcast.net>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 12:43:42 -0700

This is a seedling. (2 photos here - same seedling, different flower, different time of day)  It has a tailored/older look to it, but I am quite pleased with the red tones I see in it.  Nothing to be introduced of course, but I am using it as a parent.
The texture on the falls are velvety - and I really like that too.  Because of the velvety texture - - the light plays on it and can at times give it a near maroon-black velvet look to it as well. The substance is good, it doesn't fade, the branching is decent, it's nice and tall, and (I don't recall nor did I make note of how many buds it has due to it being first year - - but if memory serves me right) - - it has 6-8 buds.
During certain times of the day - - it looks redder than other times when an orange tint seems to shine through.  Other times, it looks much deeper/darker in color.
The standards are more silky, and so the color on them remain the same throughout the day.
I don't know if the color will stay true.  I hope so, but one of it's siblings in it's first year bloomed more lt. pink, then the following year it bloomed more lt.apricot in color. Even though it remained in the same place.
I've moved my seedlings this past fall to another location.  I'm anxious to see what they will look like come spring.
Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.
Zone 8/9

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor