HYB: pigments - IMMPP

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] HYB: pigments - IMMPP
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@volfirst.net
  • Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 13:00:34 -0500

Inside of standards, top of falls.  Sure doesn't look like any pink
pigment in real life, regardless of what the photo shows.

Standards are a smooth buff (not blended).  Falls look like they have
yellow ground, brown veins and blue wash with white area around beards.

Beards look orangish gold the full length, with maybe some brownish
segments of hairs in the part farthest from the throat.

PINK ATTRACTION may manage to open a bloom if it hasn't been too badly
damaged by freezes here (nearly a week with nights below 32 F, 4 nights
down to 28) so maybe I will get to compare beards.

I'm going to try do do pigment extraction on whole petals (without
smushing) to see if I can get a look at the distribution of non water
soluble pigments.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image