Re: was: REB: unknown bicolor again - now: viewing photo's

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] was: REB: unknown bicolor again - now: viewing photo's
  • From: Debby totallyterriers@gmail.com
  • Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 14:48:43 -0600

Maybe what needs changing is the email server?  I'm on a slow dial-up connection, so getting large photo's is a real pain in the you-know-where as they take a long time to download and often my connection will dis-connect because it's taking too long.  A few months back a friend suggested I get an online google email account. I did and it's perfect for receiving photo's.

The photo's are automatically reduced to a smaller size by gmail so load very quickly. BUT it gives you the ability to click on the picture and view the larger original version. So it's the best of both worlds and it's a FREE account. Nothing to buy and no photo's to have to play with size-wise.

Another plus for those on lists is that it automatically sorts your messages for you by subject, so topics are easier to follow. As long as the original message is responded to by hitting 'reply' to a message (as opposed to starting a new message from scratch) then all the messages are saved in the correct order for you.

Anyway, if anyone wants a gmail account let me know by emailing me at totallyterriers @ gmail.com  (without the spaces) and I'll be happy to send you an invitation for the service. We're allowed 100 invitations to give out so I've got plenty still available. You can only sign-up by invitation.

Debby