RE: file size

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] file size
  • From: "Harold Peters" harold@directcon.net
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 08:08:19 -0800

The file managing software that is part of the scanner (HP Scanjet 4200C) sizes 5" x 7" prints to typically 75K to 100K  at 150 dpi. When I want to change file sizing parameters,  I use an old program called Picture Publisher. With PP I can crop, change dpi, resize, compress to whatever size, rename and save in about 2 minutes on a 2 year old Dell Dimension 4550.
Harold Peters
Beautiful View Iris Garden
2048 Hickok Road
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762