ADMIN: Picture Size

  • Subject: [iris-photos] ADMIN: Picture Size
  • From: John I Jones jijones@usjoneses.com
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 08:25:20 -0800

One of the things I neglected to mention, and something that is
individual to each persons monitor, is the resolution you have your
monitor set to. Typical resolutions are:

640 X 480
800 X 600
1152 X 870
1600 X 1200
2048 X 1536

The larger you have your resolution set to, the smaller a particular
picture will be. I have mine set to 1152 X 870 because my old eyes like
to see bigger print and the higher resolutions make everything
(including print) seem smaller and I get tired of increasing the
magnification on everything just so I can read it.

I am not advocating a particular resolution, just noting that when I
see something at 6 X 6 someone else viewing it at a higher monitor
resolution will see it smaller and vice versa.

John

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Director, American Iris Society