REB:Seedlings:1814-1Re

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos]REB:Seedlings:1814-1Re
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 10:06:56 EST

This cross is Radiant Bliss X Summer Radiance.  (both mine and both rebloomers)  Working toward a good red on yellow/gold reblooming plicata.  Radiant Bliss is plicata and Summer Radiance is a bright yellow self.  I did not get any plicatas from this cross, and the seedlings followed the patterns I expected from TWIO.  Understand variegatas are common from these crosses too, but I don't recall any.

1814-1Re first bloomed this spring and was my favorite of the cross.  The lines do indicate plicata?  It now has 3 stalks that will not bloom as we are forecast below freezing night temps most of the coming week.

1814-2Re first bloomed this fall (I think)  REB:1814-2Re

I hope to make a sibling cross with these two next spring.  If I interpret correctly, I can expect to get some red on yellow plicatas?  Chuck or anyone with time?

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

JPEG image