Sent: Friday, November 25, 2005 6:38 AM
Subject: Re: [iris-photos] SPU: Niswonger

In a message dated 11/24/2005 11:20:18 A.M. Central Standard Time, Silversity@comcast.net writes:
<<What care do they need?>>

Linda, here is a link to the Spuria site. It has cultural information.

Pick a good spot for them as they don't need to be transplanted as often as TB's.   I understand they can go 10 years between transplanting.  I had 4 or five Spurias years ago and I really liked them.  Last year, the opportunity presented itself and I started over with 10 new ones.  Most bloomed the first year.  They weren't as tall here as I remembered, but beautiful anyway.

They don't require a lot of water. I've read that they shouldn't be watered in the summer, but did in the past and they performed well.

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS