Re: ib-ALIENOR D'AQUITAINE/ ib-NORTHERN JEWEL

  • Subject: Re: ib-ALIENOR D'AQUITAINE/ ib-NORTHERN JEWEL
  • From: "loictasquier" <tasquierloic@cs.com>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 09:35:25 -0000

I'm convinced IB are Pod fertiles:

Last year i replanted 2 crosses IBxBB, 13 crosses IBxDD, and 12
crosses IBxTT
This year, i seeded 1 cross IBxBB, 60 crosses IBxDD and 52 crosses
IBxTB!

What i'm not convinced of at all is their POL fertility:

Last year
I must have done at least 300 dabbings with IB pollen.
Nothing else than 1 cross IBxIB and 2 crosses TBxIB came out of all
that work!
In each case the POL parent was NORTHERN JEWEL who is a Shreiner
iris with NO parentage, declared IB, but it might be a BB,
considering it's POD-fertile!

This year i didn't use any, exept Northern Jewel's, since i was
sure it was possible.
I also used Alienor d'Aquitaine's by mistake and it worked.
But to be sure, i must do i again next year, it might have worked
with the help of a bee!

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "loic tasquier"
<tasquierloic@...> wrote:

> Never listen to people who tell you things shouldn't be done!
>
> When i started dabbing pollen i had no idea about DIPLOIDY, and i
didn't know IB's pollen was sterile.
> And i'm glad i didn't!
> Not because i wasted hours making crosses that would never work ,
of course not, but i didn't completely wasted my time:

> ALIENOR D'AQUITAINE managed to pollinate OKLAHOMA BANDIT!
> and NORTHERN JEWEL pollinated SNOW SPOON !
>

> with knowlege, i will save a lot of time, of course, but I guess
miracles like that won't happen anymore!

> NORTHERN JEWEL IB 91 SCHREINER parents unknown
> ALIENOR D'AQUITAINE IB-RE 91 RANSOM (I DO x BABY BLESSED)

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! News