Re: holland calling

  • Subject: Re: holland calling
  • From: "loictasquier" <tasquierloic@cs.com>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 23:12:29 -0000

hello Francesca

i guess i didn't press the proper buttons at the right time so my
answer got placed with my normal messages
i'm trying another path, hoping it will work better
i'm French as you guessed, moved to Holland 10 years ago.

Eitje will be the first iris with a Dutch mane in a very long time,
and i'll be happy to introduce it if it keeps it's promises!

You're apsolutely right with the pronounciation: "Eyetya"

I'll keep you posted when new ones bloom next spring.
i have replanted 1037 sdlgs in June and i hope 3/4 will resist the
rot and the frost!
Your husband might help me in finding names in Dutch!

Till later
loic

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "Francesca Thoolen"
<arilpums@...> wrote:

> Good afternoon Loic, That is a very nice photo of your seedling! I
also like the parents chosen. It would be nice to see it in a clump
when you have one. I would like to see down into it. In other words
the photo taken at a higher height than the flower and down into the
heart. The colors should show beautifully. Send on more photos. You
have succeeded in sending the first one. My husband was raised in
Holland and so knows how to pronounce Eitje but how would you tell
the iris members how to pronounce it? Maybe "Eyetya" ?
Congratulations. Your last name is not Dutch but maybe French or
Belgian?

> Francesca
> arilpums@...

means 'easy'.
> It was very easy to select cos it was the only sdlg that
survived!
> Now, it has to prove it's worth...not to end up on the C.H. ( i
dare not say it outloud...Compost Heap...).

> If you read this and can see the picture, it means i can send
more pictures!
> I will!
>
> Till later
>
> Loic