CULT: Rebloom sdlg 04R3

  • Subject: CULT: Rebloom sdlg 04R3
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 18:40:58 -0500

The little guys (SDBs) have been plugging right along and coming to bloom here despite the unseasonally cold weather we've experienced in September and October.  The big guys (TBs), though, have really been slowed.  Every sharp drop in the mercury causes them to slam on their brakes.  So far, I don't think any have suffered frost damage.  But tonight, a low of 31 is forecast, and tomorrow 28.  They might slip by tonight's nip, but I'm afraid tomorrow night will get 'em.  ROSALIE FIGGE, HAUNTING and ROTUNDA will have to take their chances.  But Sdlg 04R3, attached, may be heading for maiden bloom, since I have no previous photo or description of it.  (On the other hand, it may simply have been so uninteresting that I didn't take note of it.)  Its form is lovely, though  --  4 branches and a spur; six buds for sure, and who knows what may be in the sockets.  The bright spot near the base of the stalk is actually the bud on the 4th branch pushing up from near the base.  So, I'm trying an experiment.  Tomorrow, I'll post another photo.  --  Griff
zone 7 in Virginia
__._,_.___ Web Bug from http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97476590/grpId=43451/grpspId=1707632694/msgId=35023/stime=1162511182

Iris Iris plants Purple iris
Iris bulb Photos of