Re: CULT: rebloom -- indoor seedling

  • Subject: Re: CULT: rebloom -- indoor seedling
  • From: "loictasquier" <tasquierloic@cs.com>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 05:55:42 -0000

So, THIS was 04R3 !

i had asumed, according to the photo in buds, that it was a yellow
one!

When i saw the purple beauty, it didn't click, i was still waiting
for the yellow one....old age has hit i'm affraid......

sorry i called you names !

th--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "J. Griffin Crump"
<jgcrump@...> wrote:

> It's looking a bit perkier today, Billy Maybe the terminal bloom
was a little tired. I can accept this flower form. The falls have
a satiny sheen. It'll do okay as a breeder. -- Griff

nicely. The lighting isn't too great for photos, but I'm attaching
a couple. It's a deep purple self, with beard the same color, as I
expected. 6 buds, maybe 7, and nice height (30") and branching.
The flower form, however, is a little dated. I guess that may be
from a hidden gene in the parent whose identity was lost, since the
pod parent has nice broad, semi-flared falls and usually produces
similarly-shaped progeny. I'll have to see what can be done with
further breeding. -- Griff

> Never argue with a pig. You both get muddy, but the pig likes it.

-----------
> Want to start your own business? Learn how on Yahoo! Small
Business.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group