Re: Re: HYB: rebloom seedling

  • Subject: Re: Re: HYB: rebloom seedling
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 12:00:47 EST

In a message dated 11/19/2006 10:14:11 A.M. Central Standard Time, irischapman@aim.com writes:
<<The red colour of the seedling is what Radiant Bliss would look like
if it wasn't a plicata.>>
In that case, I'm glad it's a plicata!  Radiant Bliss has always intrigued me when it blooms in the fall.  The colors are so intense and the golden wash on the fall is not visible from a distance, leaving the look of an open pure white fall ringed in the reddish color.

Last fall, it was at the bottom of the garden, with multiple stalks.  I couldn't look in that direction without having to go for a closer look.  Garden presence.

This was a cross I knew I had to make from the first time I saw HOT STREAK in bloom.  Love the things I got both ways.  And I like most of it's children.

Although I'm happy with things that bloomed in the summer, this fall has been a dismal failure with all the stalks being cut down with repeated freeze.

Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6 ---
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
Reblooming Iris - Home Page
iris-photos archives