Re: Re: AIS REGISTER-spelling swap

  • Subject: Re: Re: AIS REGISTER-spelling swap
  • From: John I Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 09:32:47 -0800

Absolutely worth a discussion. I just wanted to point out that it was
not a mistake in the online database. Just adding comment to the
discussion.

Ben may have made a mistake, but until someone can go through his
notes, we may not know definitively.

If I understand the situation, Phil Edinger has Ben and Sid's records.

John

On Nov 22, 2006, at 7:24 AM, Autmirislvr@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 11/22/2006 8:57:13 A.M. Central Standard Time,
> jijones@usjoneses.com writes:
>> <<That is not to say that Ben did not make a mistake when he sent in
>> the
>> registration information, but to have made the same mistake in so many
>> registrations spread over such a long time is not particularly
>> believable. Nor do I believe that the Registrar at the various times
>> would have made such a consistent mistake.
>>
>> To my knowledge, Ben was a very careful record keeper. That he, early
>> on, confused Welcome Aboard with Welcome Reward is possible, anything
>> is) but in my mind doubtful.>>
> John, I recognize and respect your opinion and position on this.
>
> However, I would point out that Welcome Reward is an AB and all of
> it's 80+ children listed are also AB, except Winds of Change.  The
> only TB child listed is Winds of Change.
> Not an impossibility?  But also not a probability.
>
> Worth discussion?
> Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6 ---
> Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
> Where the seeds are in the pots once again!
> www.thegardensite.com/irises/bridgeintime/
> Reblooming Iris - Home Page
> iris-photos archives
> iris-talk archives