Re: HYB-how do we apply pollen?

  • Subject: Re: HYB-how do we apply pollen?
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" <IrisLady@comcast.net>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 22:01:22 -0700

I just use tweezers and apply the pollen directly to the stamens in the early morning hours.  I've always used all 3 on all three stamens......................thinking to myself "I've done all that I can, so if it doesn't take it's not because there's not enough pollen."  LOL   I never realized that pollen could be stretched so far.  Would I change my approach now that I know this?  Probably not.  :-)  I might try it just once though.
~ Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.