RE: CULT: Rebloom 064G13

That is a nice seedling, Griff.  Those are colors that I usually don’t care for in an iris, but as fall colors they must look beautiful glowing in the sun.  You call it a fall bloomer.  Does it bloom in the spring also?

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9

-----Original Message-----
From: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com [mailto:iris-photos@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of J. Griffin Crump
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 12:34 PM
To: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [iris-photos] CULT: Rebloom 064G13

Sometimes, I think, the impulse to share the photo of first bloom ought to be resisted.  In the case of this fall bloomer (KINDLE A FLAME X CHERRY GLEN), its photo was taken, and posted, after opening during a night of hard rain, and it surely qualified for the name Rain in the Face.  Now, however, with the rain gone, it presents a different picture, having the flared falls I thought it should have, and its colors more clearly seen.  The first mug shot and the stalk shot were taken in early morning sunlight, the second mug shot near sunset.  It has 9 buds and a nice, fruity fragrance.  In the stalk photo seen here, a spent bloom has been removed from the lower left branch.  The spur below the terminal toes in, so we'll have to see if that fault persists in the spring.  Except for that, I'm pleased with it and will probably try to cross it with POOH'S DREAM, a large, tailored honey-colored TB which is being introduced next year.  --  Griff