Re: TB: HYB: Clear rims

Very nice in a clump too! What's that pink in front of them?
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2007 9:05 PM
Subject: [iris-photos] TB: HYB: Clear rims

I want to thank all the people who responded to my request for opinions on clear rims.  I can see that, like haft marks, it could either add or detract from the beauty of the blossoms.  It seems to fit more with pastel colors like my seedling than with darker colors like Bob?s seedling.

I do like this seedling.  It probably wouldn?t be much of a show iris.  The form is nothing to get excited about, but it is an excellent grower, extremely floriferous, which makes it a focal point in the garden.  It blooms in my garden throughout the month of March.  When I first saw it on a cool March morning, I thought the standards were rimmed with tiny drops of dew.  Later in the day, I was surprised that they were still there.  That?s when I discovered that they were the effect of that fine clear rim.  I am posting a clump picture.  The tallest stalks were 40 inches high.  The parents are Margaret Inez X Ruffled Goddess.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9