RE: TB: HYB: Correction

I really like the yellow rim effect on white standards.  The first time I saw it was on Ring Around Rosie.  In my opinion, it made the beauty of the flower.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9

-----Original Message-----
From: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com [mailto:iris-photos@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of orders at Sutton's
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2007 3:26 PM
To: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [iris-photos] TB: HYB: Correction

Got me thinking about the wire rim effect.  Personally I think it is a great addition to most flowers, giving more to look at and opening up a new area of work.  Found one from last spring that was posted earlier but will repost to show the nice wire rim on the standards.  also found one with a whitish clear wire rim that adds to the iris IMHO.  Just from hearing a bit of talk around, lots of hybridizers are working on rims on both the standards and falls.  paradigm shift.....