REB: Same 3 reblooming diploids

  • Subject: REB: Same 3 reblooming diploids
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 04:03:04 -0800 (PST)

I know I've posted these seedlings multiple times already, but I don't get much rebloom. So it's a marvel to me, every day that I get it.
These are the three reblooming siblings from Iris cengialtii X CLOWN PANTS. There's a fourth that has rebloomed other years, but it looks like it's going not going to participate in the fun this year.
The first (RE1) is the one that has form issues -- the very tucked under falls. It still puts on a show, but it might just be a breeder's iris.
The second (RE2) was starting to become my favorite of the three, but every time I get to feeling that way, RE3 (the veiny one) puts out a couple of really nice new flowers and wins me back.