HYB: Rebloom:08H4

  • Subject: HYB: Rebloom:08H4
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 16:51:42 -0500

A nice surprise this morning.  08H4, an SDB seedling that germinated this spring and was planted out in June, has bloomed.  Unfortunately, I discovered it after it had weathered a sub-freezing night, while I was setting out a squirrel trap, and the flower wasn't photographable.  Stds white, falls white with a greenish tinge around the orange beard.  It's the result of a cross between two particularly vigorous SDB seedlings involving Blitz, Haven and Lumalite, one of them a rebloomer.  Photos of parents attached.  The pollen looks good, despite the freeze, so we'll see.  --  Griff

JPEG image

JPEG image