Re: HYB autumn pods

  • Subject: Re: HYB autumn pods
  • From: "Michael Sutton" <orders@suttoniris.com>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 08:32:21 -0800

Hi Loic,
Ben Hager used to make crosses in the summer and fall, I believe he wanted to stay busy.  Think there were some introduced iris out of those crosses too.... one of the bad things about our fog here is that it encourages pods to rot in the fall, futile to have pods on stalks here in autumn.  The fog does keep us from getting real cold in Nov. most years so it has a rebloom season extending benefit.
Mike