Re: Re: purple bracts (was Help with name and photo)
  • Subject: Re: Re: purple bracts (was Help with name and photo)
  • From: Robert Pries <robertpries@embarqmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 16:57:58 -0500 (EST)

Linda; yes Thank you, I am interested. I know of many beardless with this trait. Afterall Iris sanguinea wad named for it bloody red bracts. Many are fooled to thinking they have some other species when they have one of the many cultivars of sanguinea that does not exit the trait. But yes it is relayivelt rare in any bearded Iris and I would love to assemble a collection of these novelties.