Re: Re: Current Garden Activities
  • Subject: Re: Re: Current Garden Activities
  • From: Chuck Chapman <irischapman@aim.com>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 10:52:49 -0500 (EST)

The rocks work themselves to the surface, after tilling. So just pick them off the ground with use of a pry-bar for bigger rocks. Use thick gloves of course.
There will be a new crop after next go through with tiller.  Soil is sandy loam, so rocks gradually lift to surface as it rains.

Soil is prepped before planting with plow and disk. Get a good crop of big rocks at that time. Know I have a really big rock when plow goes "clunk" and jumps out of ground. Semi big ones get lifted up with plow.

Here is photo of main rock pile.This doesn't include the really big rocks that have been set aside (or used) in various projects.

Chuck Chapman