Re: [iris-talk] PHOTO: how to open

  • To: iris-photo <iris-photos@onelist.com>
  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] PHOTO: how to open
  • From: John I Jones <jijones@ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Nov 1998 19:11:41 -0700

From: John I Jones <jijones@ix.netcom.com>

Michael D. Greenfield wrote:

> I joined iris-photo first in digest form now in single.
> When I went in the archives I could not find the pictures only the text .
>
> When they come single they have the photos as a attachment  (  I have Ms Ex
> 3.0) )  John Jones came as a Corel photo file. I have Corel photo 4.0 and
> it will not open it.
>
> Merle & Linda's had two files one Corel, that would not open and another
> that I do not recognize the icon and I could open it. Green Spot.

Hi Michael,

Attachments are not saved in the Onelist archives and I guess that means they
are also not sent out with the digests (since the digests are what are put in
the archives)

Part 2 of your question makes me think that you have to teach MS Ex that an
incoming jpeg file is not a Corel file. Perhaps you have a Jpeg viewer that
you can use ( or have MS Ex open a Web window to dosplay it for you.

John Jones
To reply to me personally click on
mailto://jijones@ix.netcom.com
mailto:jijones@ix.netcom.com
Fremont, California, USA

Director, Region 14 of the AIS

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Heavy clay base for my raised beds.
http://members.home.net/jijones

Subscribe to iris-talk at:

Subscribe to iris-photos at:

Need a jump start on your web site? XOOM.com Web Site Templates 250 helps
you get your site up and running in no time. Only $29.95!
http://orders.xoom.com/tmp/lstmp1105/