Re: Sly Fox

From: John I Jones <jijones@ix.netcom.com>

David Keller wrote:
> From: "David Keller" <sdkeller1@worldnet.att.net>
> John,
> How do you get the Black backgrounds on the photos. they really show off the
> flowers beautifully.
> Sally

Actually, it is just foliage. You can barely see it.

I use a macro lens so that the iris fills the frame. Because it is such a
light subject the auto exposure locks on it and the background is lost. I also
tend to take pictures of light colored flowers in the morning light before the
sun gets too bright. Bright light washes out the detail of light flowers. The
reverse is  true for dark flowers. I think you need bright(er) light to see
the detail on some of them. Too little light and you loose detail. Use a tri
pod or a monopod

Just my interim theory as I develop better methods for taking pictures.

John Jones
To reply to me personally click on
Fremont, California, USA

Director, Region 14 of the AIS