Re: Southland Grape

From: Jelcy <jelcy@eclipse.sigint.com>

I pulled this info from the  1970-79 AIS for my Excel record of location
of plantings:

In abbreviation:

Southland Grape, Burch, 77, tb,	34"	late bloom	 S. dk viol., F. dk viol
fade to viol. bnz-or bd.
Yes, this one does not have a bnz/or bd, but that's what it was labeled
when I bought it 3-4 years ago.  If you or others can tell me that it is
something else, I will change the label in front of it and also change
it in my records. It's not Tom Burseen's Scarboro Affair, right next to
it as that's a murky mulberry brown with bronze bds and this ain't that
fer sure!  Nor is it McWhirter's Weber Point on the other side as that's
a blue.
I do have a Purple Magic (Spoon '97) in the same bed but several plants
over.  That's a rebloomer but not so tall as this and it has yellow tips
on its beards which this one does not have.

The only other rebloomer I have right now is good old reliable Earl of Essex.

Harold Peters wrote:

 Please, what was the year of introduction of Southland Grape?