Re: CULT: MED: Seedlings

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: CULT: MED: Seedlings
  • From: redear@infinet.com
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 20:32:00 -0000

--- In iris-photos@y..., "Francesca R. Thoolen" <irisgirl2@h...>
wrote:
> Mike, Remember that SDBs are hybrids of TB X PUM or descendants of
TB X PUM.
> If you are familiar with pumilas, you will know that their natural
growth
> pattern has great increases from the start. This is why when you
see them in
> bloom in the East where they are a mass of blooms. I would imagine
that your
> seedlings may have inherited that particular trait from the pumila
> ancestors. I find the same think happening in the APs (aril-pums)
but to a
> more delicate degree since they do not have the TB size and vigor
influence
> but they have instead inherited the aril parents influence, some of
which
> may have passed on their delicate appearance to the APs.
>
> Francesca

 Francesca  I am not refering to the number of increases. Just
the  'leek-look'  as Linda Mann named it. Some of the increases have
the 'leek-look'  also. I to have not seen that many seedlings, my
first year for any SDB seedlings. I have had first year TB seedling
with 5 or six increases.

Was just wondering if it was common.

Mike Greenfield

FREE COLLEGE MONEY